Info about Keyscape

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am not very technical minded but wanted to know what would be involved in using Keyscape and if any of you have it what is it like to use?

I have a Montage 88 key so that is what I would be hooking it up to.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chris

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
That is a very good question Chris, unfortunately I do not know the answer.

Actually I only came upon it the other day and have not yet followed up on gaining any knowledge, it does look like a fantastic system.

Here is a video I found but have not yet watched.

On a different tack I found that Korg have a SoundKey keyboard which is designed for educational use, again not had chance to look further into it.

Reaction score
Thanks, Biggles, I have a feeling that it works like most of these things where you download the software and use via midi?. I am not into having to use a laptop with a keyboard.... just a lot of hard work lol but maybe that is the only way! The Rhode sounds on the Montage are wonderful so maybe I don't need it....

Reaction score
$399 for the download direct.

On the Spectrasonics website I found this video of Herbie Hancock playing a quiet haunting piece that sure sounds superb.

Komplete is probably the competitor so here is a comparison

And a longer bit more in depth comparison

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool!, must say that the Herbie Hancock playing and sound is quite beautiful!... Thanks for the links Biggles!

Reaction score
The Greg Phillinganes video on Keyscape is really good and funny. I like that it demo a lot of the Keyscape sounds not just the acoustic piano. I don't have a need for it yet, but can see in future the Keyscape with a good MIDI controller be a excellent setup.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hello. New here to the forum. I have Keyscape and use it with Omnisphere (another Spectrasonics product). I run it through Mainstage and a midi controller, not with my main synth. It's a very easy to navigate and intuitive interface. I have a Kronos X88 that I use independently as my main "go to" but for fly dates, the convenience of having everything neatly packed in a MacBook can't be beat.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question