Info about Keyscape

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am not very technical minded but wanted to know what would be involved in using Keyscape and if any of you have it what is it like to use?

I have a Montage 88 key so that is what I would be hooking it up to.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chris

Reaction score
That is a very good question Chris, unfortunately I do not know the answer.

Actually I only came upon it the other day and have not yet followed up on gaining any knowledge, it does look like a fantastic system.

Here is a video I found but have not yet watched.

On a different tack I found that Korg have a SoundKey keyboard which is designed for educational use, again not had chance to look further into it.

Reaction score
Thanks, Biggles, I have a feeling that it works like most of these things where you download the software and use via midi?. I am not into having to use a laptop with a keyboard.... just a lot of hard work lol but maybe that is the only way! The Rhode sounds on the Montage are wonderful so maybe I don't need it....

Reaction score
$399 for the download direct.

On the Spectrasonics website I found this video of Herbie Hancock playing a quiet haunting piece that sure sounds superb.

Komplete is probably the competitor so here is a comparison

And a longer bit more in depth comparison

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Greg Phillinganes video on Keyscape is really good and funny. I like that it demo a lot of the Keyscape sounds not just the acoustic piano. I don't have a need for it yet, but can see in future the Keyscape with a good MIDI controller be a excellent setup.

Reaction score
Hello. New here to the forum. I have Keyscape and use it with Omnisphere (another Spectrasonics product). I run it through Mainstage and a midi controller, not with my main synth. It's a very easy to navigate and intuitive interface. I have a Kronos X88 that I use independently as my main "go to" but for fly dates, the convenience of having everything neatly packed in a MacBook can't be beat.

Ask a Question