Initial move from hardware to MIDI & modules - HELP PLEASE !!

Reaction score
PLEASE CAN I ASK FOR SOME URGENT ASSISTANCE AND GUIDANCE !!
I am currently gigging with VERY HEAVY Roland RD170 stage piano & excellent and versatile YAMAHA TYROS 2 workstation (plus all the usual hardware kit (powered speakers, mixer etc or Behringer K3000FX = 4 channel mixer amp combo again very heavy. NEED to cut down on gear/weight so investigating the possible move to a light 88 note MIDI controller keyboard linked via MIDI to Roland JV1080 module (promarily) and where required, additional rack modules (JV1010 half-width module, 8 channel line mixer 1U high etc.
PLEASE can someone recommend the best approach to take and what kit to look into obtaining to drastically reduce kit/weight being humped about ?
PS> Not sure about laptop and DAW with something like "MainStage" yet - but open to suggestions? PLEASE respond urgently as my back/shoulder and those of my fellow band members are getting worn out ! MAny thanks in anticipation! Phil

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
For lightening the keys look at Roland FA-08, FA-06, Korg Krome or Yamaha MOXF8 or MOXF6 or Casio PX-5S Stage Piano/Synth.

For additional sounds look at Roland Integra 7 or used Korg Triton Rack or Yamaha Motif Rack.

Not much to trim down on the amps and monitors. You need what the venue demands.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question