Input User Song, DGX 660

Reaction score
How do I put my piano songs in keyboard with USB so that I can learn it? What type of extension should I save as? Thanks!

Reaction score
Athan

If your "songs" are in Standard MIDI File (SMF) format, with a .MID file extension, then you can just copy them (as is) to a USB flash drive with a computer, then plug the flash drive into the DGX-660 and play them from there. See Page 86 of the DGX-660 manual. If your "songs" are audio files, you can also copy those to the USB flash drive (Page 39), but they must be in the standard Windows 16-bit 44.1KHz .WAV format. The DGX-660 will not play MP3 or AIFF (CD) files from the USB flash drive. If your "songs" are in MP3 format or on a CD (AIFF), and you can not or do not want to convert them, you can connect a CD or MP3 player output to the DGX-660's AUX IN jack (Page 76) with the proper cable/adapter(s). See Page 84 for saving your performances (User Files) to the USB flash drive, and Page 85 for converting your performances (User Files) to audio (.WAV) files on the USB flash drive.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Reaction score
Athan

If your "songs" are in Standard MIDI File (SMF) format, with a .MID file extension, then you can just copy them (as is) to a USB flash drive with a computer, then plug the flash drive into the DGX-660 and play them from there. See Page 86 of the DGX-660 manual. If your "songs" are audio files, you can also copy those to the USB flash drive (Page 39), but they must be in the standard Windows 16-bit 44.1KHz .WAV format. The DGX-660 will not play MP3 or AIFF (CD) files from the USB flash drive. If your "songs" are in MP3 format or on a CD (AIFF), and you can not or do not want to convert them, you can connect a CD or MP3 player output to the DGX-660's AUX IN jack (Page 76) with the proper cable/adapter(s). See Page 84 for saving your performances (User Files) to the USB flash drive, and Page 85 for converting your performances (User Files) to audio (.WAV) files on the USB flash drive.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
Athan

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Hi TED ! I have Yamaha DGX 660 too.
Maybe You can help me. If I save my User songs to USB drive, it is in .usr file. I need it in .mid file. It is possible? I wanna edit my own compositions in other midi programs etc.
2. The other big problem for me:
I wanna load from USB a song in standard midi to the DGX 660 and modify it. For example delete the 6th track, and record new rhytm etc. and save as a new song. But is not possible. I can not copy from USB to the DGX User songs SMF file to edit.
Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
See my reply in the other thread you started.

Ask a Question