Instrument Definition File for CTK-7200

Reaction score
Hi, I looked and looked but couldn't find an instrument definition file for the CTK-7200, so I decided to adapt the one for the 7000-7500 made by Stephen Wilson and previously posted on here.

In another post, he adds 'key' definitions, which supposedly allow Sonar to show the names of percussion instruments in the piano roll view, but despite adding them, all I see is a representation of a piano keyboard, and I have to sound each key to find the right instrument! Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong here?

Anyway, I hope someone finds this useful.

Had to append the file with .txt in order to upload it, don't forget to remove that before using it!

Attachments

• Casio_CTK-7200.ins.txt
    55.7 KB · Views: 861

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I looked at several INS files that I have for some Yamaha keyboard models. They have only one ".Note Names" section, whereas your file has two-- the second one (which is immediately after the first one) is empty. I removed the empty ".Note Names" section and saved the modified file with an "a" at the end. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• Casio_CTK-7200a.ins.txt
    55.6 KB · Views: 607
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, any tidying up of these long files is a good thing! Being a new user of Sonar, and not finding it nearly as intuitive as I did some of the older Cakewalk programs, I'm just learning where everything is and what it does. I've discovered that assigning a drum map to the output of the track allows the instruments to be seen, so it was my error rather than the files.

And to Gary: on my way to the Casio forum now, I'll upload the tidied up version :)

Ask a Question