Instrument List for DGX-660

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get an "instrument list" (routing definitions of the instruments) for using with DAW for the Yamaha DGX/660? Looking for a list to use in a sequencer that I can choose the DGX-660 instrument from a list on my DAW (Cakewalk by Bandlab) and when the track is selected it plays that instrument on the DGX. Thanks!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think what the OP is looking for is a text file that's formatted for a specific DAW, commonly called a "patch list" or "instrument file" or other names.

@dll_guate, I'm fairly experienced at copy-pasting the voice lists from Yamaha PDFs and firmatting them for CSV spreadsheet files and other types of text listings, so I'll check out Cakewalk's instrument file format and see if I can put one together for you.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The place he should be asking is over at this site.

If he wants to roll his own then he should read these.

And if he does roll his own he should be careful to edit out any illegal characters in the voice names. That's usually the part that requires debugging.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question