Instrument to create this organ sound?

Reaction score
Hi,
Firstly hello, secondly I know absolutely nothing about organs or how to get the sound I’m after so please go easy with me! That being said I do know the sound I am after and hopefully one of you kind people can point me in the right direction.
Below are two you tube videos with the kind of sound I’m am looking to create. Each of these songs are start with the organ sound that i like.
or this band
I currently play in a similar band to the two above and we would love to get an instrument capable of this sound but it must be portable and moneys at a premium. I think the second band posted play a Roland vr-760 but that is way out of our price bracket. It looks like the first band is actually using a vintage organ, what would an actual organ cost that would do that job for us cost?
So if anyone could point us in the direction of a well priced portable instrument (organ or emulator) we would be most grateful!
Thanks!!

Reaction score
Most "pro" gigging keyboards - and I mean anything with 1/4 inch jack outs (or better) have had playable organ presets in them for years. The Roland you mentioned has drawbars. If you don't need that - nearly anything right back to the late eighties will do. You might be able to pick up a used Kawai K1 that would do the job. I don't think it's particularly sought after (with an inflated price). Maybe $50 - $100?

You mention getting an actual organ - a real instrument - and you're on a budget? Google Harmonium. If you mic it up it could give your band a retro vibe on a budget. Stick it through a delay effect. Simple chords or slow single line melodies are effective.

Hope that's helpful and I haven't completely missed the point of what you're asking.

Ask a Question