Interface and cables

Reaction score
I have connected my stage piano to a behringer q502usb and am actually not satisfied with the quality that eventually comes out of the speakers. If I connect the piano directly to the speakers, yes.
Now I'm considering replacing the controller for a focusrite 2i2 or 4i4. Does anyone here have experience with this interface?
The piano has an unbalanced output, only the interface has a balanced one, is it better to use jack trs? now have a ts.
I also have ts jacks between the speakers and the interface. Is it better to replace them with balanced cables?

Reaction score
question about the 2i2 or 4i4 from focusrite.
Can I listen to the signal from the line in as well as from the USB interface over the speakers and over the headphones?
I now have a Behringer Q502USB and there I cannot listen to the Line in through the headphones, only through the speakers.

Reaction score
Your expectations for the Q502USB are imo a bit too high, it is after all a £35 product.

I have a 1002B and there is nothing wrong with the sound via the headphone output.

Daft question maybe, but do you have the gain set correctly?

Reaction score
I already had that idea. That's why I want to switch to a focusrite 4i4. I know that's not a mixer but it is for what I use it for. Line in and PC can send sound over the speakers and record in logic.

Reaction score
question about the 2i2 or 4i4 from focusrite.
Can I listen to the signal from the line in as well as from the USB interface over the speakers and over the headphones?
I now have a Behringer Q502USB and there I cannot listen to the Line in through the headphones, only through the speakers.

I am not a hundred percent sure if I get the question correctly.
I use the Focusrite 4i4 Solo 3rd Gen (https://www.thomann.de/de/focusrite_scarlett_4i4_3rd_gen.htm) with a Stage Keyboard (Roland Juno DS) and other Instruments.

The Scarlett has two inputs in the front plus two in the back. The inputs in the front have Gain. The one's in the back don't. When I plug in my Juno at the back, it is very quiet. I believe I could improve that with a Preamp, tho. In the front it sounds fine to me, but then I cannot plug in my guitar. I still find that the sound coming from the headphonejack of the Juno is better, than the sound coming through the Interface.

The Scarlett has four outputs in the back plus one headphone jack in the front. You can play the sound through any of those seperately. So yes, you can listen to the line in through the speakers and also through the headphone. Even at the same time. Additionally you can also listen to any sound that comes from your computer over the USB into the Scarlett.

Ask a Question