Interface pianoteq to the pianos speakers

Reaction score
Here is the deal, taking my computer with pianoteq and Scarlet 2+2 interface to another location to do short recordings. There is an old Yamaha 64 key keyboard there that I have been playing on (for Bible studies that we record and put out to a studio for local tv) with the piano speakers and the piano sounds are well, old digital lol. The pastor thinks it's great as is but it's horrible. I'm wondering if I can run the midi out as usual to my 2+2 box and pianoteq, Then run 1/4 line out of the 2+2, to line in on the piano which it has and not blow anything up. I don't expect perfect sound like with my Adam monitors at home but just better. I mean the pianos speakers themselves aren't too terrible because recordings run pretty nice through it. It's the internal sounds that lack. I want to get out on Pianoteq. Yes it has midi out as well as midi in and 1/4 out and 1/4 in. This is my cheapest fastest option to try.

At home it's rigged up with a Kawai MP 6. But he has this room he wants to record in and it's tight in there with concrete floor. The problem is we have to shuffle things around between my playing and then as we go into message mode. And we do two sessions each time we meet. If he wants to keep that up ( you never know with him) I can consider different options then.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That should work, but you won't do Pianoteq justice. You could (at the lowend) get something like Logitech Z623. I have the Z906 (5.1) and it sounds great and is also loud. The subwoofer will be great for acoustic piano and acoustic bass. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Turns out there are no line in ports anyway, just out ports marked L R but there is midi out as well as midi in. My Scarlet has midi in and midi out. I think it still comes down to speakers/monitors, PA or whatever as you indicate..

I have a set of Logitechs I use on my computer that sound pretty decent, just computer speakers. I have another set around here someplace with the sub. I have a set of M Audio monitors as well that I don't use. Those are non colored flat field monitors ( risky for a live session, more suited to audio recording software).

Thanks for your input.

Ask a Question