Intermediate level keys

Reaction score
Hi there. First post from a new user.

I'm predominately a guitarist with a bit of drumming on the side but I'm looking to get more into keyboard. I'm more interested in acoustic sounds than synths (though I don't mind having them) - a good piano sound is a must. A good Hammond Organ sound would be nice too but I realise that's probably going to be a bit difficult at the level I'm looking at.

Top level of my budget is around £700, that'll be ~ $1400 going on conversion rate but probably more like $1000-1200 factoring the higher prices in UK for music gear.

Hammer action and 88 keys are preferable but I'm willing to compromise for better sound. I also want something that's just a keyboard - ie not one of those digital pianos with fixed stand and pedals in one unit (I'm sure there's a proper term) because space is an issue.

Thanks.

EDIT: I would also like pitch bend and mod wheels because I do a fair amount of sequencing on my mac - though I could keep using my cheapie controller keyboard.

Reaction score
It sounds like you're looking for a stage piano. I don't know that much about different stage pianos, so I can't really say any specific that fits your requirements. I've only played on the stage pianos in my school, and they haven't got any Hammond Organ sound, but I'm pretty sure there are others who do.

Ask a Question