Intro help on Clapton song

Reaction score
Eric Clapton affectionados-I need some help/advice on the intro part of Eric Clapton's "Bad Love"...I've been trying out different sounds, basically using airy voices/flute layered, but this just isn't the sound...has anyone here played this song? What keyboard is used on it? Layers? Thanks....btw the tune is on the Journeyman CD

Reaction score
nope... no flutes there. It's some sort of air sound. I have just the thing on my motifES. If i needed to play this i'd layer the sound with some blurry pads, airy-thingy and maybe a DX pad, and a high string split on the left part of the keyboard. The idea is for the sound to perish after you press the keys...it's not supposed to last.

Reaction score
thanks Sysryn, I understand about the decay...what is the thing on the MOTIFF? Have you set this up and tried the part? I appreciate your help. And yes I have tried some pads and string assignments, it may just be my keyboards not up to this lol

Reaction score
thanks Sysryn, I understand about the decay...what is the thing on the MOTIFF? Have you set this up and tried the part? I appreciate your help. And yes I have tried some pads and string assignments, it may just be my keyboards not up to this lol

Nope, haven't tried it but i know my sounds good :D
I remember playing around with a sound just like that but i did put a ton of reverb on it cause there's a song with a similar sound i used to play but the sound is persistent.

If i catch some time i'll look it up and record it so you can hear it. I'm having
a bit of a rush here with my job, university exams and gigs...

Reaction score
finally got some time to mess aroiund with this sound today, and on my old ZR76 I was able to get it close using a solo vox pad and horizon pad, had to edit some but its workable at least. Thanks

Ask a Question