Ipad Model Advice. Anyone using Ipad has your single soundsource?

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i'm looking to buy an ipad at the end of this month mostly to replace my Keyboard rig at reversals although i would admit going full ipad in future if the quality of sound and stability get there.

Can you please advise on model purchase (most economic solution)

Here is what i need to use:

Piano-Ravenscroft 275
B3-Galileio
Synth- A good all arround synth for pads and leads (havent decided on one yet)
Electric Guitar- A good elecric Guitar + FX for Rythm guitar and lead for metal/djent (havent decided on one yet)
Acoustic Guitar-Real Guitar
Steel Guitar- Steel Guitar
All Arround Instrument- Sampletank & Korg M1

It would be important that the ipad model had the performance capacity to have all this instruments loaded at all times for fast preset change.

Can you also advise on apps options.

Thank you all in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Ricardo Silva

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't checked to see which of those programs have versions for iOS, but I think your choice of iPads will be between the iPad Pro, iPad (5?), and iPad mini 4. (I thought there was also an iPad Air, but I don't see it listed in the Apple Store?) The iPad Pro is the fastest model as far as processing speed, so that's probably the one you should be considering most seriously:

https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

Reaction score
Welcome.

I have an old iPad 16Gb on a bracket which I only use for displaying sheet music.

I also have an iPad mini for general internet use such as typing this post.

Between the two I would say to dismiss the iPad Mini, purely on screen size.

The iPad Pro comes in two sizes and either of these would be what I suggest you consider.

Internally within an iPad despite Apple’s marketing there is not that much real world difference in performance.

Once you decide and get your Apps sorted the best advice I can give is to then do nothing, do not allow any update to the ios or individual Apps until you are 100% sure that the update is stable, sadly not all are, and some updates are decidedly backwards.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Guys.

I'm more or less aware of the requirements each app needs, but requirements dont take into account use of other apps at the same time.

I will be using Audiobus to host all apps and make preset changes through it. What i need to know is wich economic model will be able to run the apps at the same time, all intruments apps have to be available at all times...

Ask a Question