ipad onstage

Reaction score
I need some tech savvy help here. I generally just use my ipad for Onsong and other sheet music stuff but I know it can do more. I'd like the ability to mix my vocals, one or two keyboards and possibly occasional backing tracks to my bose stick that I use onstage. I want to do this with the least hassle. Could someone offer detailed assistance? thanks

Reaction score
Have you looked at the video tutorials?

Reaction score
Have you looked at the video tutorials?

Not familiar with that, I use Onsong which just sorts sets and shows lyrics and chords as well as having some sort of backing system that I have never tried.

Reaction score
I’m not sure what you’re asking? You want to submix your iPad, vox and keyboards? Use a small personal mixer. If I understand correctly.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with a Bose stick, but yes, it sounds like you're looking for a mixer. Some mixers can be controlled by an iPad, but you still need to have the mixer (Behringer X Air XR12 for example). Though if you don't need iPad control, you can just get a simple plain mixer for less. Something like a Mackie Mix12FX for example. That would handle your vocal, 2 stereo keyboards, and a stereo backing track. If you're using mono (and so wouldn't need so many channels), you could look at cheaper/smaller ones.

Reaction score
I presume that by Bose Stick the Op is referring to his L1 PA system, which is narrow c7 foot speaker column with integral Sub-Woofer and electronically adjustable speaker directional control.

This is where I am confused, since if I am correct with what the Op has the L1 includes a basic inbuilt mixer.

A 4 or 8 channel additional mixer is available from Bose which integrates with the electronics of their system.

The Bose mixer system has full controllability of the direction of the speakers to suit the environment where they are used hence mixer compatibility is important if this function is to be used.

Hence a Mackie, Yamaha, Behringer mixer et al, will not be compatible with this function.

The Guitar Shows that I have been attending every year is sponsored by Bose and they use a pair of L1 PA’s for the live Bands and artists hence they do a bit of a promo on the gear.

Last edited:

Ask a Question