is Beringer UMC202 HD worth buying with expensive mic?

Reaction score
I am looking forward to buy UMC 202HD audio interface. My purpose is for receting simple meteric poetry and songs. I am not a good vocalist so I am not looking for high tech and pro gadgets. I also checked few reviews on UMC202HD on the internet and some user complains that it has constant noise behind. I come here for getting expert advice. And for a mic I am spending a bit more bulks and buying Samson C01 Large Cardioid Condenser Mic or Beringer C-3 Dual diaphragm mic is even cheaper than that. (i don't know what and how dual-diaphragm makes difference??)

But if UMC 202HD really has such problem then instead of spending in mic. I will go for a better audio interface, please suggest me one and will then buy a Beringer C01 mic. Your valuable advice is very much needed so I can make the right decision.

Reaction score
I suggest buying none of the items you list.

You have already been advised what mike to buy in another thread in a Shure, they together with Sennheiser and Rode make some of the best mikes at reasonable prices. I have a Shure mike myself and have had various Sennheiser’s and I currently use a Rode with my Video Camera.

Do include a Pop Screen in your mike buy together with a robust stand.

As regards audio interface, a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 audio interface will be a much better buy than the Behringer, but in the long term then a 4i4 would give you more inputs and hence would be more future proof. I have the next Behringer up in the 402 and there is more noise with it than I would ideally like and this is why I am suggesting that you avoid the Behringer.

If you cannot presently afford these then you really would be better off in the long term saving more cash in order to buy higher quality items of kit.

Reaction score
I suggest buying none of the items you list.

You have already been advised what mike to buy in another thread in a Shure, they together with Sennheiser and Rode make some of the best mikes at reasonable prices. I have a Shure mike myself and have had various Sennheiser’s and I currently use a Rode with my Video Camera.

Do include a Pop Screen in your mike buy together with a robust stand.

As regards audio interface, a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 audio interface will be a much better buy than the Behringer, but in the long term then a 4i4 would give you more inputs and hence would be more future proof. I have the next Behringer up in the 402 and there is more noise with it than I would ideally like and this is why I am suggesting that you avoid the Behringer.

If you cannot presently afford these then you really would be better off in the long term saving more cash in order to buy higher quality items of kit.
thanks it was not clear before as before I was interested in buying usb mic. Your suggestions are very helpful in this regard that is one of the chief reason for changing my priority from USB mic to XLR.

thank you, this thread is closed now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Earl80

Latest Threads