Is it possible to reduce the file size of .Bup file?

Reaction score
I have a PSR-E363 keyboard. I only have 9 registration slots for saving my settings. Now I want to place 2 .bup file (backup file) in my system memory and rename them whensoever I needed, in this way I don't have to wait every time for replacing the backup file in keyboard. The renaming will just do the job. So is it possible first??? if so, then I am shortened by 1kb space in system memory. is there any possible way I can reduce the file size of my backup file.

I also have cleared some of the registered style files but it does not change the size of back up file. any soultion???
or does PSR-E363 supports USB in USB to Host port??

1.png

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, what you're hoping to do isn't possible, because the PSR-E363.BUP file is (as I understand it) an image of the keyboard's entire system memory, and there's no way to have two or more .BUP files in memory and then just rename them so that one or the other is active.

PS -- The memory sizes you circled in the screenshot are not what you think. The "Available Space" is not how much free memory is left, but instead is the size of the entire system memory. The reason there's a 1kB difference between that number and the size of the .BUP file seems to be related to how the numbers are rounded. The .BUP file is exactly the same size as the System Drive, but the display is showing it in kilobytes rather than in bytes. Since 1 kilobyte is equal to 1024 bytes, the actual size of the .BUP is probably between 616*1024 and 617*1024.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But I think available space means free space (not total entire size of memory). please see the screenshot of flash memory, the available size is reducing when I put a style file in it. So same must go with system drive. isn't it??? if so then can i delete some extra user stuff from backup image file, so both can be placed together

2.png

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
No, the system memory can have only one .BUP file loaded, and it takes up all of the available space, because it's an image of the entire system memory.

Reaction score
No, the system memory can have only one .BUP file loaded, and it takes up all of the available space, because it's an image of the entire system memory.
okay I understand, it doesn't work the way I thought. Thank you for guiding

Ask a Question