Is it safe to use the power adapter with psr e423 while the batteries are still inside it?

Reaction score
i wanted to know whether i can use the power adapter without taking out the batteries from the yamaha psr e423 or will it cause some damage? Power cuts are frequent where i live so i wanted to use the batteries when the power is out and switch back to the adapter when it comes back, constantly taking out the batteries would be a hassle. Incase regular batteries are not safe, can i instead use rechargeable ones? Btw i haven't bought it yet gonna buy it in another 3 weeks time.

Reaction score
You can safely leave batteries in the keyboard while using the power adapter. No need to take them out at all. But after some time they loose power even when not in use and than you have to keep an eye on them in case they start eroding or even leak.
Rechargeble batteries are not good to use as they are only 1.2 volt each and will be empty very quickly if the keyboard will work on them at all.
Good quality heavy duty batteries of 1.5 volt each are best to use.

DickR

Reaction score
You can safely leave batteries in the keyboard while using the power adapter. No need to take them out at all. But after some time they loose power even when not in use and than you have to keep an eye on them in case they start eroding or even leak.
Rechargeble batteries are not good to use as they are only 1.2 volt each and will be empty very quickly if the keyboard will work on them at all.
Good quality heavy duty batteries of 1.5 volt each are best to use.

DickR

Hey thank you so much for the info, and since i'm going to keep using the batteries from time to time knowing when they are depleted will not be a problem. I have had my fair share of battery leaks, lost one digital clock, one microscope bulb light, one torch and had to get the systems on two analog clocks replaced, so i will keep a keen eye out for any leaks as getting the keyboard repaired will be alot more expensive than those clocks :) atleast my worries about the batteries exploding within the keyboard are gone. Thank you once again :)

Reaction score
No problem.:)
The power adaptor doesn't work as a charger and doesn't send anything to the batteries. It is either or. When no external power is available in most keyboards (but not all) you have to unplug the adapter and that makes the batteries available.

Ask a Question