Is there a keyboard out there with this feature...?

Reaction score
I've been learning to play guitar for a while now but now I'm getting interested in keyboards. I have a really old one, that I got when I was a kid, that won't even allow 5 notes simultaniously so it doens't have any features worth mentioning.

So I've been trying to learn and assimilate chord positions and scales... and along the way I've figured there's a feature that could be very useful while learning to play a keyboard instrument.

I imagined that, if a light behind each key would turn on or off based on the settings we'd define (all notes in a certain key for example) it would make the learning curve a lot shorter and less frustrating.

I've searched for something like this but without a feature name or anything, I can't seem to find what I want. The closest thing I've found was on the Yamaha EZ-30. It has those lights but the way it works is useless to what I want, it will simply turn on a light on the note you should hit at any single time based on a preset midi file I assume.

What I'd like was to individually set each key light status (on/off) to serve as references. Basically, the same idea as simply marking those keys with a pen... but in a cleaner way :)

Does something close to this even exist?

Reaction score
keys

Casio makes a board (cheep) that will show you the music scale of the note played. And they dont sound bad.

Ask a Question