Is there any Keyboards with 3 or 4 axis controllers?

Reaction score
Hi! I find that most keyboard with a joystick has X-Y movement only. 2 more dimensions exist however which i can't find in use. Turning the joystick handle like a knob (i find this joystick on ebay) and pressing the joystick (with a pressure sensor at its base).

Anybody have used such a controller (custom built if not available)? with links if possible!

[midiboutique.com offers a B4 MIDI input board with 48 CC and 3x64notes keyboard + 64 switches in one unit. Together with a 3-axis controller and a pressure switch... It will need some electronics to adapt it. It helps for orchestral mockups recording.

Thanks for any info! Kindly.
Jean-Paul Ruche.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,
Yes indeed! I have been a huge fan of Roland Keyboard since my childhood (seeing my Elders play at church!). Sad they don't produce flagship keyboard anymore!

I live in a small island. There are very few music (keyboard) store with limited products (you need to order first). I would have loved to try all those technologies.

From what i read when em2000 was released years back that D-Beam was a patented technology proprietary to Roland. However, i saw later some infra-red controllers like in "icon i-creativ" external controller and in DJ-jogvision. No one quite use these now... (i couldn't find many demos on youtube using i-creativ)

I contacted Hot-Hand Midi controller a few years back asking if they could add a true 3rd-axis (actually virtual) but they told me its not in the plan. The best alternative so far (for orchestral recording or multi-parameter live control) i is TEControl Breath Controller 4-way "Breathing, biting" are fine but "swivel head left-right and Nod front-back" all long a song might be tiresome". There is another new one i saw lastly. Have not read the detailed documentation on it. Its called Touché controller from expressivee.com. They have a surface 'ribbon-like' control and x axis and z (y?).

https://www.expressivee.com/1-touche

Ask a Question