Is THIS what we've become?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A bunch of pedantic old farts who spend our days and nights turning simple questions into 9 page "discussions" about exactly which brand of oscillator is "more organic sounding?"

I now propose that we stop scaring the newbs with information overload. Why don't we just encourage them to learn on their own and give them the resources to do so

Seriously guys, it's like deja vu every time an eight year old thread pops up in my inbox. The same arguments and brand loyalties running on and on instead of progress reports from people we've assisted.

When I occasionally drop by the roland forum or gearslutz to post I'm usually bombarded by email notifications for a couple of days until I ignore the forums all over again for a few months or years.

TEACH A MAN TO FISH!!! DON'T GIVE HIM A YEAR'S SUPPLY!!!

AND STOP SCARING THE FISH!!!!

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
A bunch of pedantic old farts who spend our days and nights turning simple questions into 9 page "discussions" about exactly which brand of oscillator is "more organic sounding?"

I now propose that we stop scaring the newbs with information overload. Why don't we just encourage to learn on their own and give them the resources to do so

Seriously guys, it's like deja vu every time an eight year old thread pops up in my inbox. The same arguments and brand loyalties running on and on instead of progress reports from people we've assisted.

When I occasionally drop by the roland forum or gearslutz to post I'm usually bombarded by email notifications for a couple of days until I ignore the forums all over again for a few months or years.

TEACH A MAN TO FISH!!! DON'T GIVE HIM A YEAR'S SUPPLY!!!

Gary ;)

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this..........

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No, but instead of spewing out a hundred pages on why your selection beats out all opposition maybe just point them at google and youtube and the manufacturer's tutorials and manuals and let them do some work instead of spoonfeeding them YOUR personal tastes. :mad:

Ask a Question