Issue with using SX-PX224 as MIDI controller in Ableton.

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive got an SX-PX224 upright piano. It has MIDI input and output as well as a "computer" port. I bought myself an M-Audio Midisport Uno Midi interface to connect my piano to my laptop to be used in Ableton. Ableton recognises the midi interface and the piano, (when I press notes it registers on the software). My issue is that for whatever reason I'm not able to play multiple notes at the same time. And notes sustain regardless of how long I press them. It's a really annoying issue to have considering I bought the piano with the hopes of doubling it as a MIDI keyboard. Any suggestions? should I try track down a cable for the "computer" port. I've looked online but can't seem to find one. Any help would be great.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think if you want to use the computer connection port, you'll probably need a cable such as the following:

However, that might not give any different results than what you're getting now-- hopefully it would, but there's no guarantee, unless it's just a problem with the particular MIDI-to-USB connector you bought.

If it does happen to be an issue with the connector you bought, another alternative might be to try a different connector, such as the iConnectivity mio:

Reaction score
I think if you want to use the computer connection port, you'll probably need a cable such as the following:

However, that might not give any different results than what you're getting now-- hopefully it would, but there's no guarantee, unless it's just a problem with the particular MIDI-to-USB connector you bought.

If it does happen to be an issue with the connector you bought, another alternative might be to try a different connector, such as the iConnectivity mio:

UPDATE:

Just got the iConnectivity mio. Works like a charm. guess the MIDI interface was the issue all along. Thanks again!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That's good to know! Thank you for reporting back that the new interface did the trick. :)

Ask a Question