Issues with static and background noise during recording

Reaction score
So I have a Yamaha PSR-E363. I’m really very new to learning the keyboard and recently I have been recording some of my own samples from it on Sound Trap. I’ve connected an aux cord from my laptop to the keyboard and despite this, the sound comes out muffled/static-y.. I can hear the clacking of the keys as I press them. I don’t know how to remedy this, is there something I’m missing? I’d like the recordings to be as clear as possible and I would like to be able to upload the samples exactly as it’s being played in terms of notes, but without the additional static and background noise.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The PSR-E363 should have a built-in USB audio interface, meaning you should be able to install the Steinberg USB driver (not the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver) on your computer, connect the PSR-E363 to your computer using a USB cable, and send/receive audio between the two of them-- send the keyboard's audio to the computer for recording, or send the computer's audio to the keyboard's speakers. That should give you the cleanest sound from the keyboard.

Ask a Question