Its A SAW point

Reaction score
Hello fellow musicians

I own a Korg Triton le and a Korg X5D

I recentley visited a friend of mine who's father pick up and played a ordanary bog standard "Tree saw" by holding it between his knee's and using a viola bow and bending it and oh boy could he make that tree saw sing, and what a sound like a perfect pitch that was (and still is) haunting and facinatin (well for me anyway)

he has asked me to lay some backing tracks for him and I feel very privalidged and would love to help him produce a peice and record it for him.

could a wiz with sounds and knowhow possibly tell me how I can re-produce this amazing sound on my korg ( I no I cant reproduce it like he did but to get close would be good) Im not a perfect programmer but any help (please) would help

so I lay out this challenge

or is it a SAW POINT !!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

regards

Paul

Reaction score
If you have the sampling upgrade for your LE, or if the other Korg does sampling, you could record the sound. Other than that, I doubt the Korg (or, probably, any keyboard) can even come close, although it's hard to say without having heard the actual sound. You'd have to poke around at the on-board waveforms and see how close you can get.

Ask a Question