ive purchased a keyboard !!!

Reaction score
finally took the plunge yesterday and which one did I buy ? the ctk 7200 casio I went to my local shop and was quite impressed with the casio , I went with the intention of finding a way of not liking it but found myself not being able to step away once I started playing it , the lady shop owner was very helpful and just plugged it in along side the Yamaha psr e443 and left me to it now before I continue I am making the comparisons on the prices being very similar not on model matching

the casio won hands down , I was really impressed by the clarity of sound and the more modern styles that make the yamaha seem a bit dated I was disappointed when I tried the psr e443 as it sounded just the same as my e333 same backings well the basic ones any way like 8 beat etc same size speaker apart from a little cone bass boost same polyphony , I know there is more features on the 443 than the 333 but what mattered to me was the clarity of sound and the styles , much much cleaner and more realistic sounding

the organ on the 7200 was impressive , now the keys , very different to Yamaha much more piano styles and feel which I liked , so depends what you prefer but I am a bit of a closet leaner pianist so that suits me , I asked the owner if they had any problems with the keys and she said no looking at me a bit puzzled bearing in mind they have been in business in my local town for 30 years and sell high end pianos , she also said if there were any problems they have access to three engineers

I also like the direct access to the sounds/voices and styles

I was considering the roland bk-3 which I did like the look of but would have been an internet purchase and it was a close run thing and ok maybe it hasn't got the looks of a roland or korg or the kudos but I think hopefully I have made a good purchase at a very good price

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm glad you were finally able to make a decision, and that you were able to actually try out the keyboard beforehand.

I'm not surprised that you found the PSR-E443 and PSR-E333 to be so similar to each other in their voices and styles.

I've been very tempted to buy a CTK-7200 or WK-7600 for about a year now-- it looks like a very capable keyboard, with a lot of features for the price. The shape of the keys isn't such a big deal to me-- what's most attractive to me are the organ "drawbars" (sliders), with the ability to modify and save your own drawbar organ voices.

Anyway, I hope you have a lot of fun with your new instrument! :)

Reaction score
I have actually had a change of heart I have cancelled the casio and gone for a nearly new korg pa 300 with a years warranty that I mentioned before paid for being delivered next Friday :)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Let us know how you like the Korg after you've had a chance to run it through its paces!

Ask a Question