Juno DS 88 Static out of mixer

Reaction score
Hi, my wife just got a Juno DS 88, we are getting static through mixer when playing right and left hands together, here are the setups we tried. When we connect the Juno directly to a powered speaker, it is clear as a bell, thanks for any help. None of the remedies we tried below got rid of the static:

Mixer=Yamaha MG10XU
Juno to mixer unbalanced TSR input using stereo to mono cable
Juno to mixer balanced (mic) TSR input using stereo to mono cable
Juno to Radial Pro stereo in, XLR out to XLR mic input (toggled the padding too)
Juno, speaker and mixer on same power strip

Tried various mixer inputs to rule out 1 bad input; swapped out cables. Also tried reducing gain/vol but still there. NO problem with other instruments running through the mixer. Any ideas? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi, my wife just got a Juno DS 88, we are getting static through mixer when playing right and left hands together, here are the setups we tried. When we connect the Juno directly to a powered speaker, it is clear as a bell, thanks for any help. None of the remedies we tried below got rid of the static:

Mixer=Yamaha MG10XU
Juno to mixer unbalanced TSR input using stereo to mono cable
Juno to mixer balanced (mic) TSR input using stereo to mono cable
Juno to Radial Pro stereo in, XLR out to XLR mic input (toggled the padding too)
Juno, speaker and mixer on same power strip

Tried various mixer inputs to rule out 1 bad input; swapped out cables. Also tried reducing gain/vol but still there. NO problem with other instruments running through the mixer. Any ideas? Thanks!
So you've ruled out the Juno and the power speaker being issues since the direct connection is clear as a bell.

Not understand the TRS input suing stereo to mono cable. Why aren't you taking a TRS cable out of the left output of the Juno to channel 1 of the mixer and a TRS cable out of the right output of the Juno to channel 2 of the mixer. Pan channel 1 left and pan channel 2 to the right. Maybe you are doing this and the way you described it just isn't clearly written. You also indicated that the mixer doesn't have this issue with other instruments so you've ruled out the mixer. So I'm curious about the cables, especially when you said something about a stereo to mono cable; this kind of tells me the issue is the cable "type" you are using. Try using a straight cable, TRS ends on both ends of each cable; not 'stereo to mono' which sounds like you are going TRS to TS; go TRS to TRS.

A cable like this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BP10--pro-co-bp-10-excellines-balanced-patch-cable-10-foot

Reaction score
Have you tried just using TS cables?

The Juno outputs L & R are via unbalanced 1/4” TS sockets.

The Yamaha MG10XU has unbalanced 1/4” TS for audio inputs that have said connectivity.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help, got it squared away using the TS cables into the stereo line inputs and adjusting the volume down on ALL mixer inputs and then volume up on the powered speaker, readjusted every channel (including mics, di/guitar)...cleared the signal right up. I guess this comes under the heading of, duh. Being a newbie to mixers and knowing nothing about synths didn't help, but I learned a lot and appreciate all the help.

Ask a Question