JUNO DS MIDI

Reaction score
I am a producer based out of Connecticut. Ive had the juno for years and I love it. Only thing I can’t do is use the board as a midi controller via the computer USB port.

I have a Korg Krome as well. When I plug the USB from that into my computer, I instantly get midi control in my DAW and im able to us the korg to control VST’s.

I want to be able to use my Juno the same way without using a midi (5pin) to USB cable. Can anyone help?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Juno DS is perfectly capable of being routed thru USB as a controller.

First of all check in the Juno MIDI menu to see what driver it is set to. Roland if you are using the Roland driver and Generic if you are using the built in Windows Driver.

Then it is simply a matter of configuring your DAW to recognize the Juno as an input device.

You can also choose one of three DAW brands (Cubase, Cakewalk or Generic) in the menus and there is a dedicated DAW MODE button on the Juno. These offer enhanced integration for the controls.

Take a look at the Youtube tutorials for your DAW and see how to go about adding an input device.

That should be enough to do it.

If I knew what DAW you were using I could probably be more specific but the trail of breadcrumbs I've laid out so far should lead you to the answer.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
just a couple of clarifications on happyrat's post... The keyboard's MIDI "USB driver" parameter if you've installed the Roland driver is called "Vendor," not "Roland." And the basic setup procedure is the same whether you're using Windows or Mac.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction Scott. I was too lazy to actually fire up the board and double check the nomenclature.

Ask a Question