Juno DS randomly transposing

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a Juno DS and it has started randomly transposing mid song which is really frustrating. Any ideas what could be going on with it? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
true transpose or just a pitch change but not exactly 1/2 step related? if it is truly 1/2 step, full step then you might have a sticky transpose switch that is randomly engaging. if the pitch is drifting but not exactly 1/2 step then it could be a bad pitch wheel. try flicking the pitch wheel when it does it and see if it goes back to normal pitch, if it does then that is your likely culprit.

Reaction score
true transpose or just a pitch change but not exactly 1/2 step related? if it is truly 1/2 step, full step then you might have a sticky transpose switch that is randomly engaging. if the pitch is drifting but not exactly 1/2 step then it could be a bad pitch wheel. try flicking the pitch wheel when it does it and see if it goes back to normal pitch, if it does then that is your likely culprit.

Reaction score
Hiya Dave. When it randomly transpose it tends to shift key by a whole tone. The keyboard is also set a semitone down even thought I have the master at 0 which is strange. A battery low light is also coming on-cud this be the little battery that is responsible for memory and maybe Themis is causing the changing key issue? Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Hiya Dave. When it randomly transpose it tends to shift key by a whole tone. The keyboard is also set a semitone down even thought I have the master at 0 which is strange. A battery low light is also coming on-cud this be the little battery that is responsible for memory and maybe Themis is causing the changing key issue? Thanks so much.
Try a factory reset. Note any user programs/data will be deleted. Save the user programs/data somewhere so that they can be reloaded after the factory reset:

Factory Reset
  1. Press MENU.
  2. Cursor to "UTILITY" and press ENTER.
  3. Cursor to "FACTORY RESET" and press ENTER.
  4. Cursor to "OK" and press ENTER.
  5. When the reset is completed, power the Juno-DS off and then back on.
Also, replace the battery. Not sure of the process on this

Reaction score
Gcoe - how did you go? The factory reset option seemed the best bet but interested to hear outcome. I've thankfully never had this happen to me.

Ask a Question