Juno Stage adding a layer during performance without a break

Reaction score
Hi and thanks in advance,

during a performance can we, say add strings then take them out without there being a short break in the sound. We have been using a yamaha stage piano for a number of years and it had a button that allowed us to bring in "strings" etc then take them out.

It seems we may be missing some thing so simple, any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Ask this over at the Roland Clan forums under the Juno Stage section.

I use a Juno Stage - are you asking about fading strings in and out controlling their level separately while something else is sounding?

If you've an expression pedal you could check if you can set up a "dual" where the first sound isn't affected by the pedal but the strings uses it for the usual CC 7 (midi volume).

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, was looking at the pedal.
"I use a Juno Stage - are you asking about fading strings in and out controlling their level separately while something else is sounding?"

when playing say just a piano we want to add strings for a chorus or break then go back to piano. Or change from one piano sound say studio grand to grand/vox. If you use the wheel there is a break in the sound.

This is a great piece of kit but we would of thought this would be so simple

Reaction score
It seems that this a common a problem with the JS, but I cannot find out if anybody has a fix for this. I have gone into menu settings and turned patch remain to "ON" but there is a still a delay/cut off when adding another patch ie strings.

I have posted over at Roland clan and no responses in over 24hrs

This seems a basic function that Roland have messed up and really turns the "stage" piano into a non event. How are you supposed to add another sound when gigging or change from a grand piano to a synth without a break in sound!!! :mad:

Reaction score
I'm not sure I've understood what you're asking.

Do you mean fading in strings to double the piano while the piano notes are still ringing?

Reaction score
Yes that sounds right, it is the same if you want to change favourites, there is a break/cut off in sound. If I wanted to start with piano then bring in strings (without splitting the keyboard) there is a break in sound. So I cant introduce another sound without a cut off in sound, it doesn't flow

Reaction score
I've never done that.

See if you can you set piano + strings up as a "Dual" sound - and check the manual for mapping the expression to volume for the strings and switch it off for the piano.

Ask a Question