JUNO-STAGE Chord Memory

Reaction score
Roland JUNO-D which I owned earlier was equipped with Multi Chord Memory function that allowed me to set a different chord to each note in octave, i.e. up to 12 differend chords. This means that in order to play, say, an intro to "Venus" by Shocking Blue I could assign Em chord to E key, A to A, C to C, and B7sus4 to B. Could I do it in JUNO-STAGE, or if I assign Em chord to E key, all other keys will play a standard major chord?

Reaction score
The Juno-Stage has a Chord Memory function very similar to the one the Juno-D had. See pages 64 and 65 of the Juno-Stage manual.
Yes, they are quite similar, but not the same. The procedure on page 65 does not explain how to assign different chords to different notes of an octave.

Reaction score
The Juno-D manual covers Chord Memory on Pages 64 and 65, but also covers Multi-chord Memory, which appears to be something different, on Page 24. If Multi-chord Memory is what you are talking about, then it may have been dropped in the Juno-Stage, as the Juno-Stage manual covers only Chord Memory, but makes no reference, at all, to Multi-chord Memory. To verify this, I tried various searches on YouTube and on the Roland Clan Forum, but did not come up with anything useful. I see you have also posted this over on Roland Clan, but fear that this may be one of those features that not many owners made use of, so you may not get many responses. I find it hard to believe that Roland would drop this in moving from the "D" to their top-of-the-line Juno at the time. I think the Chord Memory I had on my Juno-Gi was more like what you currently have on the Stage. I did not use it a lot, but when I did, I found it very handy, and would have missed it, had it not been there. Good luck !

Last edited:

Ask a Question