Just got Cascio CT 656. Anybody know how to select tone

Reaction score
This keyboard shows over a hundred tones, but I can't get past the first one in each category because it keeps allowing just the first digit to stay in the box. Can't find a manual anywhere either.
Does anybody know how to select the tone or get to the Percussion section, which doesn't even show in the menu, but it does show in the list of tones?

Reaction score
There are a lot of sites on the web that claim to have the CT-656 manual for download, but I can not recommend any of them, as I am not familiar enough with them to know if their downloads are safe (virus and malware free), but to answer your immediate question:

The tone selector feature on most keyboards require that you enter a full 3 digit number. For instance, if you want tone number 125, then you would obviously enter a one, a two, and a five, but if you want tone number 49, you would have to enter a zero, a four, and a nine. By the same token, if you want tone number 8, you would have to enter a zero, a zero, and an eight. That is to say, when the desired tone number is less than 3 significant digits, you must pad the entered number out with leading zeros so that the final entry consists of three characters.

BTW: Have fun with your CT-656 !

Reaction score
Hi, I thought that also. When I go to put in the 2nd digit, it removes the first. I've owned several cascios in my life, and have never found one so difficult to figure out. At least the piano sounds good.

Reaction score
I know this is for the CT-655, but I think it may be close enough to the CT-656 to help a little bit. I can not make out exactly what he is doing. He starts out just incrementing/decrementing single digit numbers, but later on, with what looks like a single button press, he is into two digit numbers

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the ct670 which is very similar - if the keyboard has 'select' and 'tone bank' buttons,the select chooses the upper or lower section.On mine this chooses the 'tens' digit. The tonebank chooses the digit after the decimal point,which is the instrument in the sub-section list.

The manual is here,but unfortunately in Spanish - but it maybe possible to work out the button depressions from the diagrams which seem to be in section 4.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this information, as I'm sure other people may come across this thread from time to time while searching for answers, so it's good to have an answer available. But just to warn you, you may now expect to get ribbed about necro posting. Don't let it bother you; just roll, dodge, and weave!

Reaction score
I did check the date of the posts,but thought they maybe read at a later date,which indeed I am doing myself,and the info maybe useful to someone who happens across it as I did! :)

Ask a Question