Just got the Roland FA-08. Need an amp setup.

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Alec, and I'm new here! (really nice interface, love it). I suppose I'm in the right place to ask this, but let me know if I'm not! Also English is not my first language. You may have noticed that already. Just- please- try not to pay attention to my awful grammar lmao

Alright. I need an amp. At least I guess that's how it's called-- I don't know anything about amps in general. In fact this is my first-ever electronic keyboard... and it happens so that said kb currentely does not make any sound, because there's no built in feature for this on the fa-08. sooo...

As someone who travels a lot, and who's not nearly Bill Gates :-D, I'd love to know if there's something in the world that's both cheap enough (under 400 us dollars that is) and mobile, while still sounding alright (I'm not looking for great studio quality, just something I can decently play with).

I plan on using a large range of sample sounds from my kb (does that sentence make sense? Anyway. I'm not just gonna use the piano sound)

Do you guys have an idea?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you really need something under $400, portable, and mainly for practice take a look at the Behringer K450FX.

I've owned one for almost two decades and it's still going strong.

It's a very nicely built 45 Watt Keyboard Amp and the 100 electronics effects built in are a nice bonus. It also has 3 mono inputs as well as a pair of RCA stereo inputs if you want to hook up some backing tracks.

It also does a decent job of faithfully reproducing keyboard tones over the full range.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Check these threads...

Reaction score

I gig with one of these. I've been using it for 6 to 7 years. It keeps up with the loudest guitars, it's clean, powerful and not expensive. weighs 37 pounds. I would purchase one 'used' because all of the parts can be replaced so if something were to go wrong the parts are all easily replaceable. I haven't had one ounce of trouble with mine, highly reliable and highly recommended.

Reaction score
I guess your response addresses his requirement of ".. I'm not looking for great studio quality.."

Duh...
Have you actually listened to the sound coming out of a KC-220 ?
Or a pair or CM30's ?

You should try it, you might be pleasantly surprised.

@TS : don't get STUDIO monitors, unless you're playing your FA08 in a STUDIO (or in a room that has been perfectly and acoustically fitted and configured to act like a STUDIO).

The KC-220 sounds absolutely great, is as portable as you could want, and is in the price range TS suggested (maybe slightly above it)... No-brainer, if you ask me...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Roland KC-220...
#1 on the KC-220. Great value. I have two KC-400's for my RD-2000, and find the quality and durability to be excellent. Although I have two units connected via Stereo Link, I have also used just one with great result (especially practicing at home.) The KC-220 would be a solid choice.

Ask a Question