Just got the VR-09

Reaction score
I cannot tell you how happy I am with this keyboard! I was thinking about getting one for a while now and I finally bit the bullet and bought one. My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner! I love the drawbar organ feature. It really is very good. I won't say that it's Hammond quality, but it's more than respectable. With a little tweaking the leslie simulator is quite convincing. Some prefer to use a Vent (which I've done and have no complaints about it), but with this keyboard I really don't need it anymore. The acoustic pianos are excellent, but I still use my 88 key RD300GX for the acoustic and electric pianos. The synths are great as well as the strings, brass, pads, etc. I just cannot say enough about this keyboard. The fact that Roland was able to pack such a punch in a small and incredibly lightweight unit just blows my mind.

If you're considering one of these keyboards, my advice to you is BUY IT NOW! You will not regret it! If you get it from Sweetwater Sound they'll throw in a bonus. You'll get an entire bank of sounds for free on a USB stick!

Ask a Question