Just Joined...

Raj

Reaction score
Hi ,
My name is Raj.
I just bought Yamaha YPG-235 keyboard
I want to load the Indian styles on this keyboard. Can anyone explain if this is possible and how can I do this?

Thanks in advance,
sincerely,
Raj

Reaction score
Hej Raj,

please read page 67 of the manual:

This instrument features 160 internal styles, but other styles, such as those provided on the CD-ROM and
others that can be obtained from the internet (only styles with the “.sty” suffix), can be loaded into style
number 161 and used in the same way as the internal styles.
In order to use the style file load function, the file must already have been transferred from the computer to
the instrument. The procedure for transferring files from a computer to the instrument is described on page
82 (“Transferring Data between the Computer and Instrument”).
The procedure described below loads a style file that has already been transferred from a computer to the
instrument into style number 161.

Raj

Reaction score
Hi Goldi5210,
Thanks for the prompt response.
I have gone thru the manual and loaded some indian styles into style number 161.
What I noticed is ...The sound beats are no where close to the indian drum sounds. Do I need to download and store Indian drum kit as well for the indian styles to sound correctly?
In that case, can you guide me how to load the indian drum kit on the YPG235 keyboard?

Thanks a bunch,
Raj

The Y_man

Reaction score
What I noticed is ...The sound beats are no where close to the indian drum sounds. Do I need to download and store Indian drum kit as well for the indian styles to sound correctly?

I would suggest that is a limitation of the keyboard.

You can't "load" new sounds on these type of keyboards.

The Y-man

Raj

Reaction score
Thanks Y-man.
It seems that YPG-235 is not a good choice for my kind of music.
Can you suggest any Yamaha Keyboard that has good Indian drum kit or can be loaded properly as external styles?

Thanks,
Raj

Raj

Reaction score
During my research on internet I came across PSRE433 model... I found that it has...
Wider World Contents and 186 Varieties of Styles

Mexican, Arabic, Indian, Brazilian and Chinese content has been added to Styles for performing just about any type of music with an automatic backing.

Has anyone has any feedback on the performance of this keyboard and how well it supports the Indian styles & sound?

Thanks,
Raj

Raj

Reaction score
During my research on internet I came across PSRE433 model... I found that it has...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wider World Contents and 186 Varieties of Styles

Mexican, Arabic, Indian, Brazilian and Chinese content has been added to Styles for performing just about any type of music with an automatic backing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone has any feedback on the performance of this keyboard and how well it supports the Indian styles & sound?

Thanks,
Raj

Reaction score
Hej, hej Ray,

in your place I would look at the Yamaha PSR I 455.

This instrument is specially optimized for indian instruments.

Raj

Reaction score
Thanks goldi5210,
I did in fact checked this keyboard but it is not available in US market...only available in India

Thanks,
Raj

Ask a Question