Just joined

Reaction score
Hello. Getting back into keyboarding after many years. Had piano and accordion lessons as a kid. Won a cheapo guitar when I was 13 and fooled around with it until a got a Guild model. Had a Casio keyboard for several years. Also started to learn the ukulele but developed "trigger" finger (unable to bend the digit) in my left hand in November 2016. Well, that stopped me from playing the ukulele. Just bought a 61 key keyboard/arranger and getting back into playing music.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi nameless person... Welcome aboard. You'll find we're a friendly bunch and anyone who is able to will answer your questions as they arise.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi nameless person... Welcome aboard. You'll find we're a friendly bunch and anyone who is able to will answer your questions as they arise.

Gary ;)

Thanks, Gary.

According to the Signature Rules, I can't add a signature yet.

Signature Rules:
Before you can modify your signature, you must have passed the following conditions:

The number of posts you have created must exceed: 2 (Yours: 3)
The number of Likes you've received must exceed: -1 (Yours: 0)
The Like Post Ratio must exceed: -1% (Yours: 0%)
The number of days you have been registered must exceed: 1 (Yours: 0)

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Very nice. There a many people here with that model. It has some very nice sounds. The ukulele should be there too (I would think) is where your heart is. Hey!:)
I have it on my PSR S650.
Cheers ray

Reaction score
Ray:

Started playing the ukulele after living in Hawaii for many years. Unfortunately, the finger problem has made it difficult and perhaps impossible.

Yes, there is a ukulele voice on the 453. But I also want to play a variety of music.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, just as a heads up. You don't need to be fully validated in order to type your name at the end of a message :D

Gary ;)

Everything AFTER this is my sig file >------------------------<

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Sorry, didn't know that I could end a post with a name. Is there a way to have it automatically entered after each post? Haven't learned all of the functions of this forum.

:)

TR

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yamaha PSR E453.

I have the two previous models, the PSR-E443 and E433, as well as the YPT-400 which is just another name for the PSR-E403. So I can try to help with the PSR-E453 as needed, and am interested in hearing about the newer features that weren't on the earlier models, such as the DSP effects. :)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Is there a way to have it automatically entered after each post? Haven't learned all of the functions of this forum.

To add or edit signature lines, click on your name up in the right-hand corner of the forum header, where it says "New Posts Pugetsound Inbox Alerts." Then on the left side of your profile page, under "Settings," click on "Signature" and it will go to a page where you can edit and save your signature lines. If it won't let you add a signature until after you've made a certain number of posts, just try again later after you've posted a bit.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
, and am interested in hearing about the newer features that weren't on the earlier models, such as the DSP effects. :)
'Scuse my ignorance Sea, but what are you talking about here? What are DSP effects?
My kb has a DSP button which is always turned on. I was advised to leave it on because it makes no difference if turned off. I have tried my tunes with it off and true there is no difference. So what is the point of it.
Inquisitive rayo_O

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
What keyboard model do you have, Ray?

"DSP" stands for "digital signal processing," and in general refers to analyzing and modifying a digital signal for some purpose. For instance, you might want to "clean up" an audio signal by removing noise and distortion. But it doesn't have to be an audio signal-- it could be video, or text, or any other type of digital information.

In music, it's typically used to add "effects" to a sound, such as reverb, chorus, and any number of other things-- rotary speaker effects, delays, distortion, adding or emphasizing harmonics, removing harmonics, shifting the pitch, etc. In each case the original sound is digitally analyzed and processed to change it in some manner to achieve some result.

The most commonly-used audio DSP effects seem to be reverb and chorus, so they're often given their own dedicated sets of controls or functions or parameters, separate from any other DSP effects-- e.g., Reverb Type and Reverb Level, Chorus Type and Chorus Level, and then DSP Type and DSP Level, as though reverb and chorus were not DSP effects, even though they really are. That way you can add reverb, plus chorus, plus "other DSP effect" to a sound, rather than just "DSP effect" and having to choose between reverb, chorus, distortion, etc.

Of course, the PSR-E443 and its predecessors do have reverb and chorus, so they have DSP effects-- but they don't have the wider variety of miscellaneous DSP effects such as found on the PSR-S and Tyros models. The PSR-E453 has a handful of additional types of DSP effects, but not the number and variety of DSP effects that the PSR-S and Tyros models have.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Ah, then you've got some nice DSP effects to tinker with, I guess! :)

Ask a Question