Just Me

Reaction score
I suppose I'm a bit late but formalities are so scary. Been here almost a month and I like this place pretty well. Keyboards is just one of a seeming zillion hobbies of mine and comparatively one I'm not very good at. I'm 58. I live very isolated in a desolate and beautiful area. I used to live in a large city. Science is my profession and my other hobbies include spiritual things, inventing gadgets, fast cars, auctions, nature, research, speaking out against corruption,
As for the music side, I love to play for myself and maybe a guest or two. I've mainly played very occasionally since about 79 when I had an upright piano. I was probably at my best in the early 80's. I did play a magnus chord organ as a kid and the first time I ever touched a keyboard was after church on an old upright where I learned to play heart and soul. Probably 2/3 is original stuff from doodling out riffs etc. I've said that I like about anything from Doris Day to Black Sabbath. I like some country but maybe not the drinkin' country so much. Bluegrass is awesome, Celtic is awesome. I love the 80's pop and rock ballads and these kids today are putting out some really great stuff. There has been a type of music I like which seemed to overlap so many label types so one day I actually asked myself the question "what is it that makes what I really like most?" Surprisingly, it actually took a while to come to me since I should always know the answer by now. As with every question I ask, the answer is always "truth." "Music of truth" I thought? Yes, exactly! I like music that captures a spirit that cannot be put into words, a music that is not pretentious or showcasing abilities. I also really get into the spirituality of music and I have learned and discovered some pretty amazing stuff. It would be a great fulfillment for me if I could get with the right person(s) to finally put together and record some of my stuff but I am paranoid like an alchemist. I am very suspicious that one of my songs that I had recorded in 94 by a professional was later used, almost exactly, in a song that became famous. That bothers me. They did a great version of it and I love it but it's like I lost a family member. Today that chord pattern in general is probably one of the most popular but then it was fairly rare. It's my own fault I admit. I snoozed.
Anyway, GLAD TO MEET YOU ALL! I am sure I will be learning a lot from you.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
That was an awesome "self intro";)
I want to respond to the umpteen different subjects of which you raised.. . . But where do I start?:eek:

Now we know all about you and in a word, I would say you are a "philosophical" dude!

Anyway, GLAD TO MEET YOU ALL! I am sure I will be learning a lot from you

Glad to meet you too. I have been here now for about 9 months and I have also learn't heaps from the people here. I am just a few years senior to you (say 64 but please don't tell:cool:) and learning new kb skills and technicalities is overwhelming to say the least.

cheers and have a good weekend!

And if you think Ray blew it,
There was nothing to it!

Reaction score
Welcome Al! Nice intro.

I live very isolated in a desolate and beautiful area. I used to live in a large city.

my other hobbies include fast cars,

tumblr_obsr9hix3U1ual3guo1_540.jpg

Reaction score
I would say you are a "philosophical" dude!

Glad to meet you too. I have been here now for about 9 months and I have also learn't heaps from the people here. I am just a few years senior to you (say 64 but please don't tell:cool:) and learning new kb skills and technicalities is overwhelming to say the least.

cheers and have a good weekend!

!
Thank you,
Philosophy? Very much so. I am a seeker of truth. I wish more people knew the mystery and power that path is.

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Hey, Alchemy:) very cool your introduction. I appreciate your way of thinking about life and the way you live. How nice to have a person so close by, and be able to read and appreciate your opinions. On top of it all, you like music. Nice to meet you, man.

image.jpg

Reaction score
Hey, Alchemy:) very cool your introduction. I appreciate your way of thinking about life and the way you live. How nice to have a person so close by, and be able to read and appreciate your opinions. On top of it all, you like music. Nice to meet you, man.

image.jpg
Thanks man. Fantastic picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads