Just Messing Around Today...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Gary...

I've been told before that I have a tendency to play more in the upper octaves, but it's the Korg Minilogue that's responsible for the spacey sound FX in this one. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Not, not, not!!! Why all these noises? :(
The harmonic screen is the same one on all the piece…
Good… it is not what I like more…
Ha! tastes and colors :rolleyes:
Romain ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Romain >>> It was a jam, not a studied composition..

And not all of us went to a conservatory for 12 years to become the next Arnold Schoenberg :p

Normally I appreciate a justified critique, but your comments sound a bit more like sour grapes to me. :D :D :D

A la prochaine!!!

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Normally I appreciate a justified critique, but your comments sound a bit more like sour grapes to me. :D :D :D

A la prochaine!!!

Gary ;)

Agreed No sour grapes allowed! ;) that only dis-courges peeps from posting music, Its all good and fun to listen to the spectrum of synth music, original or not...its all fun.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks fisherman...

It was really just fooling around with the gear a bit and testing a couple things out.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Johnny. That was the hybrid percussion sounds of the JD-Xi, the analogue of the Minilogue, and the ROMpler lead voice of the Kurzweil all just going full tilt at it.

Personally I was going for a sort of 70's Sci Fi vibe.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Just listened now. Yesterday I did not have a spare 4 and half minutes. busy busy!
Sounds like laser guns shooting. I can picture little martian kids on their planet playing war games hiding in craters shooting each other with the lasers. Lol
Seriously, some cool sounds in that lot. An interesting arrangement too. Overall sounded ok with the background beat.
If they remake the 70's show "lost in space" they can use your tune.:cool:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Ray. For a single quick, down and dirty take I think it came out surprisingly well.

Not every tune has to be a work or art and sometimes it's just fun to screw around with the gear and see what you can pull out of it :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Now I need to commission a statue or at least a bust of myself so I can sit atop Grand Pianos everywhere alongside the busts of Mozart and Beethoven :D :D :D

41QyhwswekL.jpg

417g15N3uNL.jpg

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Now I need to commission a statue or at least a bust of myself so I can sit atop Grand Pianos everywhere alongside the busts of Mozart and Beethoven :D :D :D

41QyhwswekL.jpg

417g15N3uNL.jpg

Gary ;)
The third, fourth and fifth eye of this Thraaxorian is watching your every move. Now there was something about the circle of 4ths and 5ths said here that I remember, but that's in my mind's eye. Your bust will stand in good stead, but then the head may be too large to support the base. Stay tuned for the latest weather report from Thraaxor, sorry I've invaded your space because I escaped my cell.

Ask a Question