Just purchased a Roland Fantom X6 workstation, and I am in a deep pit of confusion

Reaction score
Alrighhhtt. Any help would be amazing guys/gals. So i have a Roland Fantom x6 with KRK speakers. I have no clue how to hook up MIDI to Logic Pro on my mac (with most recent OS). My end goal is to be able to switch the sounds on my keyboard hit record on logic and then be able to create another track switch the sound on my keyboard again, record on logic and the sound not affect the original track i had previously recorded. I currently have MIDI in and out connected to both my keyboard and Scarlett and my scarlett connected to my computer. Logic is up and when i record anything as soon as I change the sound on my keyboard all recordings change to that sound. This is my first couple days in the MIDI world so assume I know nothing, because i know nothing here.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My setup is way different than yours, but the quickest way to get up to speed with any software or hardware configuration and operation is to search Youtube for video tutorials on the subject using keywords specific to your gear.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

If you head over to Roland’s Youtube channel, it is named Product Support you will find a whole host of video tutorials by Ed Diaz on the Fantom including Logic Pro, the link takes you to the series Playlist

If you are on Facebook search out the Fantom pages where you will find tips and tricks by Ed himself.

Reaction score
The above advice is good.
I've just bought a Korg Pa1000 and had the same need for advice initially.

I followed the advice that you have just been given.
IT WORKS, but you do have to work at it yourself.
John.

Ask a Question