just purchased a Yamaha MX61 few questions

Reaction score
After reading the manual a little confused as to saving edited voices to a user bank
all my other keyboard have a 128 user bank
how do I save edits as well as performances within the MX without an editorial or memory stick?

lastly how can I add sustain to both parts of a layer ie piano on top strings below to work with my sustain pedal?

thanks

Reaction score
There is no "User" area as such.... You overwrite the factory "performance. The factory patch's are still there don't worry, but the combination the factory put together goes away (no great loss really(. I would do a file save to a memory stick of the factory patches OR save them into the VycroMX program (if you havent used this computer editor yet... get it and use it... It will let you lawyer 16 parts.
OK.. heres what I do..... I keep a master file up in the editor (Vycro) when you "open" the "song" (performance, one slot) it also places it into the MX. Then you can STORE, change to the performance number you want to store to, and answer yes (which is the same way you would save the performance if you just tweaked a factory patch.
I THINK the answer to your question on sustain is to put both parts on the same midi channel (again with the Vycro VX program... Havent tried that.

Note: I run this stupid little keyboard in various bands... I've got a flush mount USB stick with different files stored for different bands. Really easy to just do a "File" "Load" and load the correct file for the band I'm playing with (sometimes different set lists for sifferent occasions also)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I believe you're correct about Sustain, since each of the layers will have its own MIDI channel.

Ask a Question