Just rockin' it out!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, does the Kronos have a Ribbon Controller? If not you can get some really righteous slides with one. I love the one on my Kurzweil :)

Cheapest upgrade possibly offering the best value. Check out the MIDI ones available aftermarket.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yes it does have a ribbon controllor but it's only about 3 inches long. I played a keyboard many years ago that had one about 2 feet long. Now that was fun!
Thanks for enjoying my silly little rock thing! Feel free to share it with anybody that you may choose too! You can even send it to people that you don't like!;)

I'm thinjing about doing another one with slightly different sounds. That'll be in a while though. far too many chores around here and I still have to go to work. Poo!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about man. The Kurzweil optional Ribbon Controller is 2 feet long, defaults to three octaves, and mine cost me about $150 CDN 7 years ago. I tacked it right above the keyboard with velcro tape.

All their newer models still have the ribbon port for the option. :)

Looking forward to future noodling sessions. :)

Rock on!

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Actually it was some kind of a Yamaha organ. I have know idea of the model but I bet the ribbon was the same as on the CS80. I was around the same era. Mid 70's. I was playing in a band called Wednesday. Our big hit was the song Last Kiss. Pearl Jam covered but in around 72 or 3 it was a gold record for us. I'm not on it because they didn't have a keyboard player back then. ust found out is was 1974.

Reaction score
I really have no idea. I don't even remember what it looked like. A music store had lent me several keyboards and a mixer so I was surrounded by I think 10! Wakeman, look out!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Tonight I tuned in some of my own tunes on Youtube and then I thought of this thread when I heard the very first song I posted to Youtube. It makes good use of the Kurzweil ribbon controller and I still think it's one of my best ever.

You entertained us for a bit in this thread and now hopefully I can return the compliment. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Here's a little something that I just did after I got back from a short vacation. Just wish the mix was louder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhsmith451

Latest Threads