Just rockin' it out!

Reaction score
I've been checking out some electronic music by various people and ended up writing this. I dragged my old Yamaha QX-3 sequencer out to do it. Had a lot of fun! Hope you do too! Please feel free to share this if you like it.

Reaction score
Since we're at home after Christmas, I've been having fun in my studio. I'm only under semi lockdown even though I live in Toronto.
I still have to go to work in Pickering, which only means anything if you know were these places are in relation to each other.
Here's what I just did today. Feel free to peruse my channel. Hopefully you'll find something that you enjoy. ;)

Reaction score
In keeping with the theme here, One of these days I'm going to actually maybe, possibly, perhaps even! Make a better video. Or not. I'd like to have something more interesting to watch than must one camera angle but that's also how I"m capturing the audio right now. Hope you like it! Please comment and share if you feel like it, or not.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Seriously though, I just gave it a good listen. It sort of sounded like Jean Michel Jarre warming up for a concert.

I can understand how much fun it is to jam and get in touch with a new instrument, but the difference between a song and a jam session is structure.

It has to tell a story with a beginning, a middle and an ending.

I kept waiting for it to build to a counterpoint or a climax and finally started skipping ahead around the 3 to 4 minute mark.

I offer this as an honest critique from one musician to another. I can dig it. Prog Rock and Synths have a hell of a lot of appeal and you're putting the pieces together. But doing it on youtube? Maybe it's a bit early before we go overboard with the videos man. ;)

BTW, if you are taking requests, anything by Tangerine Dream would make me a happy camper. :D ;)

Keep at it man. Next time you jump in front of a camera, plan a bit. Don't tell me you used to go on stage without a few rehearsals first :)

Gary ;)

PS. Remember... It's ALL about SHOWMANSHIP :D

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
OMG just noticed my accidental reply of Olooloo. Had my phone in my pocket and it must have had this thread open, lol. Enjoyed the music!!

Brian

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great tune Jeremy. What did ya have done on your eyes? Cataract or Lasik?

Gary ;)
Neither. I have too much pressure in my eye so they cut a hole in it. It's called Trabecolectomy. Hurts like hell! Google it if you're not squeamish. I have to go for more surgery tommorrow. Too much pressure causes glaucoma. You end up going blind.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't have glaucoma but I smoke pot just in case ;)

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
According to my Ophthalmologists, the pot thing is a myth. I myself don't smoke though so it wouldn't matter one way or the other.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Leave me to my delusions man. :D

Pot is the only thing getting me through the lockdowns. ;)

After a year of house arrest we are all getting a little bit squirrely :)

It really is a shame if it doesn't work though.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
No worries. I"m a rare bird in that I don't get high. One toke and I"m lucky if I even make it to the bedroom to pass out. Strictly alcohol for me now. well, and tea and coffee. I quit about 3 or so decades ago. I was at a fusion jam and thought my playing was beyond incredible. The next day when I heard the tapes, well I erased them and quit pot.

Reaction score
While I am waiting for my mixer to be replaced, I had some fun with my Moog Grandmother. Zoe, one of our cats, seems to like it!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I find your Earthling oscillations to be very pleasing Earthman.

We would welcome you on our planet Zatar to perform for our 39 hundredth Flirmin Galactoria.

Please come aboard our hyperspace vehicle and feel free to bring along the biological infestation which seems to twirl your knobs :D :D :D

Decepticons Forever!!! ;)

Gary ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads