Just signed up

Reaction score
I am mainly an accordionist. Currently have a Limex midi installed in the accordion which gives me a lot of flexiblity. Used to play in bands when younger but am retired and it gives me a nice hobby. Also have owned several keyboards (Technics, Korg, Yamaha and Casio) and a Hammond Spinet organ.

I just picked up a vintage Casiotone M-10, which was made in 1980 or so when they first started with the keyboards. Looks like a toy, but is very solid with a metal frame and they hold up over the years. Kinda hard to find though, especially in great condition. Polyphonic and only 4 switches: vibrato on/off, 4 presets - piano, violin, flute, organ. - volume and on/off. Unfortunately no matter what preset I select only the flute plays. I have poked around with a knife in the preset slot and sometimes can get the other sounds to play, but after shutting it off and turning it on it goes back to the flute only sound.

Has anyone out there ever owned one of these or had similar problem...can it be fixed? Is it mechanical or electric? I'm reluctant to open it up and ruin the whole thing. I know this model is popular with those who are into circuit bending.

Thanks,

George

Reaction score
A belated welcome from me! :)

You might want to try posting your question in the Casio Keyboards forum section, hopefully the right person will see it.

Ask a Question