K&M Spider Pro

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I'm considering a K&M Spider Pro as a keyboard stand. Unlike the APEX, it looks like it leaves the floor a little cleaner so pedals, etc., can be accessed easier. K&M will also sell a third level, as well as a music stand to screw onto the top. My goal is to keep a small footprint as well as keyboard stability.

I'm looking at putting a Kronos 88 on the bottom, a 7X something in the middle, and a 61 on top.

Has anyone used one of these? Any thoughts about stability, etc.?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
All I can say is that I'm 100% satisfied with my Onstage KS7365-EJ Dual Tier Z stand. It doesn't shake or jitter or wobble at all regardless if I'm playing my hardest. The base is fully open and adjustable width so I can cram in as many pedals as I need.

And when my little nieces and nephews show up it's solid enough that I can allow them to explore the keys without fearing that the whole thing will come crashing down.

Honestly I think that sucker would easily survive a 7.something earthquake in a worst case scenario.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The reviews of the Spider Pro don't look too good on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/K-M-Spider-Pr...mmary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful

Mixed Reviews over on B&H Photo

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/505041-REG/K_M_18860_000_35_18860_Spider_Pro_Keyboard.html

Was only able to find one Youtube Review with very low volume.

More reviews over on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...ll_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent

Seems ok but quite a few complain about the stand sitting level while in use and a couple mention wobble.

The tier arms are rated at 77 lbs each which comes pretty close to the actual weight of a lot of 88 keyboards, plus consider if you are playing crescendo you could easily be applying 20 lbs pressure or more on the keys.

The Onstage single Z is rated at 300 lbs and the dual tier is rated at 450 lbs.

What I like best about my Onstage is that it sits solidly in place when it's set up. What I could foresee with a single pedestal stand like the Spider Pro is someone bumping into the keys at either end and spinning the whole thing like a top so it comes crashing down.

My Onstage may not be sexy, but I'd trust it with my life if I had to.

X stands and Pedestals? Not so much :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I recently purchased a baby spider pro - find the stand stable until you do you Jon Lord organ slaps and slides then I find the whole keyboard moves - I use a Hammond sk1 73 on the bottom tier and a Roland fa06 on the top tier - good stand but I've just ordered k&m 18950 - the floor space for pedals on the spider didn't work out for me

Reaction score
Spider Pro for 5 years; I play 2 keyboards, play standing up. Use 3 pedals, plenty of room. Easy setup; if you're not a gorilla, you shouldn't have any imbalance problems.

Reaction score
I have played about 115 gigs a year since 2010, 2 some times 3 a week. Bought a Spider Pro in 2012. Made it through maybe 35 gigs, before I gave up on it. Two issues: (1) two of the lever (arm) support stops wore out and/or broke outright, such that the kbs would not lay fully supported in a flat position. And (2) the black plastic height support. (I'll call it the sliding "gantry") cracked (actually crumbled into pieces). Had to wait 6 months for K&M to ship me replacement parts from Europe. One of the worst investments in band gear I ever made. It was great in positioning two kbs, yes, but IMO it was horribly over-engineered and not up to the task of heavy regular usage. And my kbs were very light items, BTW, i.e., Hammond SK1 and Yamaha MX49. When it finally was all repaired, I traded it in on other gear at a major music gear supply outlet.

Reaction score
Salut
Peut-on mettre un nord électro 5D 61 touches sur l'étage du bas et un nord lead A1 sur l'étage du haut?
MERCI

Ask a Question