KARMA M50 is now available

Reaction score
In case you haven't heard yet, KARMA M50 has been released. The same KARMA functionality available on the M3 is now available on the M50, and KM50 even gives the M50 a few features not found on the M3.

Add a nanoPAD and nanoKONTROL, and you're even closer to an M3 without the M3's price!

Reaction score
Take in consideration, though, that the KARMA is not built-in into the M50, but is running on your computer. So you need to have computer with the program installed nearby to be able to use it.

In my case (and probably many others) that won't do that much of a difference, actually. Since I'll probably use it mostly for inspiration when composing, in which case I will probably be at home anyway, and at my comp :p

But this is really great actually, as long as it doesn't make the M50 more expensive to buy, whether you want the KARMA or not :)

Reaction score
Take in consideration, though, that the KARMA is not built-in into the M50, but is running on your computer. So you need to have computer with the program installed nearby to be able to use it.
Correct, just like KARMA Triton.

KARMA Oasis and Karma MW are somewhat similar. Even though they both include KARMA on the keyboard, you can't get at all the features without the matching KARMA software running on your computer.

BTW, you can use KARMA with other keyboards, provided the software can see the matching keyboard (M50, etc.) attached to your computer. (Since I only have an M50 and no other keyboard, I can't say how well it works.)

In my case (and probably many others) that won't do that much of a difference, actually. Since I'll probably use it mostly for inspiration when composing, in which case I will probably be at home anyway, and at my comp :p
One good thing to know is that the software seems to be pretty good about not using up tons of memory and resources. For the fun of it I loaded up my system with a few hungry apps to see how well it would perform, and I had nary a hiccup from KM50. Great news for those running older, "underpowered" machines.

But this is really great actually, as long as it doesn't make the M50 more expensive to buy, whether you want the KARMA or not :)
There should be no worries there, as the software is an optional add-on sold by a third-party who happens to have some pretty close ties to Korg.

There should be a flyer in the M50 box for details on how to get KARMA M50 at a $50 discount. IIRC, the discount expires three months after the date you purchased the keyboard.

Reaction score
Got back from playing one today actually with a computer to run the software. I like it, though I have no money for it haha.

Reaction score
Hi, I have one query here

What are the accessories offered M50 61 keys ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Ask a Question