Kenny G / Guitar Pro

Reaction score
Helly everyone

I'm vince, I don't play the keyboard (yet, but I'm thinking of getting a keyboard) but I play guitar. I was wondering if anyone here knows this song and how to play it, I think the melody at the beginning is just beautiful:

Since I can't figure it out by ear and it's not as easy to get keyboard tabs as it is for guitar, could anyone explain how to play the keyboard intro of this song or if you're familiar with the guitar pro software maybe tab it?

Thanks alot

Reaction score
Hi there!

I can pick that out by ear rather easily, and I'm familiar with the Guitar Pro software, so I'm pretty sure I can help you out.

Just wanna know, how familiar are you with chords on keyboard? What would you prefer? That I wrote the melody alone, and then simply but the chords next to it, or that I'd try and write it down the way he plays it?

Reaction score
Meh, since I had some spare time when I wrote my last post, I started listening to the song instantly, so I decided to write it down before you answered my question ^.^

I had some difficulties hearing exactly what he was playing with his left hand, so I just wrote down which notes I'd be using myself if I were to play it, but without any rhythm to it, so that you could make it "your way".

Here's the file: http://www.box.net/shared/vnehtb5be9

I have Guitar Pro version 5.2, and I know some of my friends have had difficulties opening my GP files due to older versions... I hope it works for you ^^

Reaction score
that's awesome, really appreciate it

had no problem opening it and i can see what he's playing on the keyboard above the music sheet in guitar pro, that's perfect

thanks Sargas

Reaction score
Just have in mind that the left hands is probably rather wrong. I just put the notes that I would play, but WITHOUT any rhythm to it. So you can come up with something yourself for the left hand, just play something that feels right to you :)

I'm pretty sure that the right hand is correct, though. So no need for changes there :)

Ask a Question