Ketron x1 technical problems

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just bought a Ketron x1 keyboard and it makes this very annoyng continous noise coming from the speakers. If I turn the volume all the way down noise is still there. If I deactivate the speakers the noise stops but I can still hear it in my phones and in the "line out".
Any ideas? You reckon could be an electric/electronic problem or software problem?
During start-up screen shows "audio&video option are active (if fitted)"
Also keyboard got hit pretty bad during shipping.
Thank you very much for reading this post.
Alex Italy

Reaction score
Hi! I'm not sure if I can explain the type of noise...
Did you ever turn on a powerful speaker-system, like mixer and 400-500 Watt speakers?
First you hear a little "bang" and than there is this continous noise that you can hear if you get close to the speakers.
The volume is constant and does not change by changing the master volume of the keyboard.
Hope you could get a better idea.
Thank you very much for you reply!

Reaction score
Do you use wrong compressor- or equalizer adjustments? I had this in the beginning with my Roland G-70.

Reaction score
Hello. This is a tough question :)
I just bought this keyboard...never had Ketron before.
This is how the story went:
bought this on ebay /supposed to be in mint condition/ opened the box and it was in horrendous conditions / very very used but also some cracks and broken speaker protection (maybe from shipping ?? )
Turned on the keyboard and heard a quite loud "bang" and than the noise I was talking about in previous messages.
The main issue here for me is:
keyboard is broken? hardware/software/electronic problem? can it be fixed?
Maybe somebody had the same problem...take into account that this keyboard probably been thouroughly used and never had "maintenence" done to it.
Will it die on me? :(

Reaction score
I've been searching for a repair shop for my X1 and it seem like there none to carry the part for it. what i need is power relay switch. pls let me know where I can get the part. thank

Reaction score
Hello Alex,

That noise is not normal

I know the Ketron instruments very well.
A couple of years ago, I bod a X1 for my Father.
I think you bin ript off.
What can cost the problem about that noise you hear.
That the internal amp is busted/ broken or the volume slider.
What you hear is that the volume is constantly on 100%.
Even when you can turn the sound down.

The keyboard internal parts can have some serious damage.

Greetings: Edgar (the Netherlands)

Reaction score
What you can do yourself, is open the X1 and check or all the connectors to the hardware are in place.
If your lucky, one of them was onconnected during the shipment.

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just bought a Ketron x1 keyboard and it makes this very annoyng continous noise coming from the speakers. If I turn the volume all the way down noise is still there. If I deactivate the speakers the noise stops but I can still hear it in my phones and in the "line out".
Any ideas? You reckon could be an electric/electronic problem or software problem?
During start-up screen shows "audio&video option are active (if fitted)"
Also keyboard got hit pretty bad during shipping.
Thank you very much for reading this post.
Alex Italy
Hi Alex600, I know exactly what your'e talking about. I have the same problem. Did you find out what is wrong, did you fixed it???

Reaction score
Welcome.

Alas we have members join, post, return to view and are not seen again.

You may get a better response if you contact the distributors in the UK.
Thanks for chiming in.
I've sent 2 Emails to (e-mail address removed), asking whether a repair is possible for this keyboard, and what it could cost. Still no reply... I've sent the 2nd Email today.
I might try calling them tomorrow if I still don't get any reply.

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in.
I've sent 2 Emails to (e-mail address removed), asking whether a repair is possible for this keyboard, and what it could cost. Still no reply... I've sent the 2nd Email today.
I might try calling them tomorrow if I still don't get any reply.
Does not help by them having very little market penetration here in the UK

Reaction score
I fix keyboard glitches of this kind as well
I got an electrician to check my keyboard and when he wiggled the connector from the power supply board to CPU board the problem stopped and vanished somehow. Now I discovered a new problem which happens less often. When I use the keyboard for a couple of hours it start making noises that sound like what you'd hear in a headphone when you connect it to an output. When I restart the keyboard it's gone, and will reappear after a couple of hours of use, rinse and repeat. The noise also has a reverb effect to it which corresponds to the effect currently selected in the keyboard's "effects" page. Do you have any idea what component the problem might be in?

Ask a Question