Keyboard amp

Reaction score
I’m looking to replace my amplifier for my keyboards. I play a Korg SV1 piano and a Hammond XK1. I play in a couple of bands sometime pub gigs sometime Blues festivals with big PA. I need something that has enough volume for a loud pub gig and also to use sometimes as a monitor. In the past I’ve used an old Peavey KB 100 which I love but it hasn’t got the required direct line out and it sometimes overheats. My local shop sells the Roland KC 200 and 400 so thinking of those but I’ve never used them. Any ideas or recommendations? Many thanks. SB

Reaction score
I’m looking to replace my amplifier for my keyboards. I play a Korg SV1 piano and a Hammond XK1. I play in a couple of bands sometime pub gigs sometime Blues festivals with big PA. I need something that has enough volume for a loud pub gig and also to use sometimes as a monitor. In the past I’ve used an old Peavey KB 100 which I love but it hasn’t got the required direct line out and it sometimes overheats. My local shop sells the Roland KC 200 and 400 so thinking of those but I’ve never used them. Any ideas or recommendations? Many thanks. SB
see the similar threads section below. this has been discussed ad nauseam

Reaction score
Not tried either but both get mixed bag reviews from users.

Talk with the shop to verify their returns policy (online sales may differ from in shop purchases).

If you are happy with their response buy one and give it some serious use.

Do checkout a Yamaha Stagepas 400, 360W with a detachable mixer included, £514.

Reaction score
I don't know the 400 in particular, but in general, Roland KC amps are not the best sounding (especially for acoustic piano sounds), and they tend to be on the heavy side. If you want a self-contained stereo amp, the Motion Sound KP-408S is a nice model, though still not especially light. The Aspen Pittman Spacestation is particularly nice for organ, but you may have to put some effort into getting the pianos to sound the way you want. Usually, my preference is to use a powered PA speaker, they tend to be the most neutral sounding speakers, and there are some very capable models that don't weigh much, which always helps. In order of increasing price, I like Alto TS308, EV ZXa1, QSC K8.2. You would need two for stereo, but you also may be just fine playing in mono, which is what I usually do. Because these expect hotter signals than keyboards typically provide, you'll probably need something like a small mixer between your keys and the speaker.

Reaction score
i use 2 mackie 12"THUMPS /self power speakers . i am using a Korg pa3x keyboard this gives me a true stereo sound . my stereo output from my keyboards is all i need going into the THUMPS but when needed, I use this small 4/2 YamahaStereo mixer that has reverb, MGO6X. all this really gives me a great sound .. when in a smaller venue , i use just 1 THUMP & its still puts out a great sound ..

Reaction score
In the past I’ve used an old Peavey KB 100 which I love but it hasn’t got the required direct line out

On the back of the amp, this is the direct line out:

1666293990795.png

Ask a Question