Keyboard Amps With Good Sound Quality

Reaction score
So, I'm looking into getting the Roland FP10, and I want to get an amp to up the sound quality, I don't really care about volume mostly I need the sound quality, and I don't want to spend too much money, does anyone have suggestions for something around the $100-200 range.
Thank You!

Reaction score
Welcome.

Rather than an amp you will be better served with a pair of powered Monitors and within your budget look at a pair of Pre Sonus Eris 4.5 which will come in at $200 US.

If you are set on an amp then consider a Vox VX50KB.

That said, a pair of good quality headphones will serve you even better than a monitor speaker system or an amp.

I have played an FP10 and it is a good DP at its price point, if you can squeeze more budget then I would go for the FP30.

The FP is a good range, the tones are right up there in quality as is the build quality.

Downside is the lack of audio output sockets (headphone socket is the only output).

Reaction score
Is this for stationary home use, or are you looking for something that will be portable? That's not much of a budget for getting something good sounding for piano, which is the hardest instrument to amplify well. At that budget, I'm not sure you'll get something better sounding than what's in the FP10 (keeping in mind that these kinds of digital pianos usually have EQ in them designed to get the best sound they can out of the speakers that are built into them). If it's just for your own playing, a good set of headphones might be your best bet.

Reaction score

Shall I go on ???

Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think any of those would have been very helpful. None of them answered the question of, in 2020, what (if anything) in the $100-$200 price range would probably sound better (not louder) than the speakers in his piano.

Reaction score
Thinking about the OP's potential buy of an FP10 which is $500, if the budget is upped by the $200 that the OP has for an Amp then that puts the budget in the Kawai ES110 range.

Going by the reviews the Kawai ES110 it is the number one choice.

Reaction score
Thinking about the OP's potential buy of an FP10 which is $500, if the budget is upped by the $200 that the OP has for an Amp then that puts the budget in the Kawai ES110 range.

Going by the reviews the Kawai ES110 it is the number one choice.
Thank you! I think that will be the best option

Reaction score

Going by the reviews the Kawai ES110 is the number one choice.
But is the Kawai ES110 of sound quality and feel as good as the Roland FP 10 because what I care most about is realistic sounds and weight the closer to sounding and feeling like a grand piano the better

Reaction score
Check the reviews and you will find the Kawai comes out tops in all areas.

As it is the sound quality of the Yamaha P125 pianos is to my ears superior to the Roland FP10/30.

Watch this for a side by side comparison

To me the Kawai comes first in sound then the Yamaha and Roland brings up the rear, but do remember these are all budget starter DP’s

I am no fan of Yamaha despite buying one as a stop gap DP in preference to a Roland, for one thing the Yamaha and the Kawai both have much superior Polophony to the Rolands. Changing instrument sounds with the Rolands is a two handed task, pressing and holding the function button plus the group button then pressing one of the keybed keys that correspond to the sound you want, this is a total pain for me and the main reason I discounted the Roland.

Do visit a music store and test them all out or if you buy online do check the returns policy and when you get the DP do play it as often as you can during the returns period to be sure you have bought what suits you.

Ask a Question