keyboard amps

Reaction score
I have a casio wk 500 and the newer wk 5700 keyboards that I play through a kenwood amp that I have had from the 70's...really nice with twin polk audio speakers. It sounds good but I seem to have to turn the bass knobs on the amp all the way down and the treble mostly up to get the best sound. Even then it sounds really "hard", like the difference between listening to compact discs vs vinyl records. The keyboard has good stereo effect through the system. Would something like "keyboard amps" such as from roland be a better system...they seem to have amp and speakers combined...how does the stereo effect work with this? Hope this makes some sense to anyone? Thanks, Bill

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...no,"hard" is what I meant...like really heavy on the low end bass especially with the rhythm sections. Everyone comments how it really has a kick sound...you don't need to turn the amp up very much. I was just wondering whether "keyboard" amps would be better suited for the setup.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Difficult to say....

As for the stereo - you lose it unless you buy 2 amps/powered speakers.

Here's a strange suggestion for you - try cheaper speakers on your set up (even a pair of computer speakers or something).

It might be the Polk's are actually too "good".

Other suggestions might be to run through an equaliser.

The Y-man

p.s. you do have the "Loudness" switch on your Kenwood (if it has one) OFF right?

Ask a Question