Keyboard beginner, what to start with??

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm interested in learning to play the keyboard. I've been playing the guitar for years and a bit of bass.

I know nothing about keyboards, the only thing I have learned is that touch sensitive keys are good.

Anyway I was looking for ideas on what keyboard to begin with. I don't plan on upgrading it soon after so I was hoping to get something that is OK, but also don't want to spend a lot. I'd be happy to get one second hand.

I have heard the yamahas are good?

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Man what is it with these posts? Budget? What kind of music? You looking for piano sounds, analog electric piano sounds (rhodes, wurly, b3), synths? Focus on EPs and analog or pads and strings? You wanna learn classical, jazz, rock, pop, R & B, metal? Weighted (as in close to a piano) or semi-weighted (some resistance, better than spring-loaded synth action), or non-weighted?

There's a TON of options. You have to specify what you want it for otherwise nobody will help you... how would they?

Ask a Question