Keyboard confusion

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Dear admin (Ian)
General people often mistake this website and its address as a place to dicuss all things keyboards being the qwerty type.
They get confused because there is no immediate reference to the music type keyboard. There is of course references and links to the various forums. But most people with keyboard issues would just type in their problem at the first link they see being general discussion and they don't bother to scroll futher to see other references such as Roland, Yamaha, Casio etc..

At the top of this page the header says "keyboardforums.com."
There is no picture of a keyboard. I think there was a picture of a keyboard recently. What happened to that?

Anyway to avoid confusion, do you think a picture of piano keys or a person playing keyboard might eliminate the typists and gamers?

We need to separate the nerds from the talented. LOL:D

Ray.;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Agreed. Let's show those nerds who's boss!!!!

Let's put up an animated gif on every page!!!

giphy.gif

Gary ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a good point - although I'd wager that if someone can post a question on about computer keyboards with the existing categories, the logo may still go unnoticed (but it'll help!).

There is a new version of the forum software coming out in a few months and when we upgrade I'll need to make a lot of changes, so I'll see if I can implement that change at the same time :). I'm aiming to keep the design fairly similar with the new version, but there will be little design changes happening, so I'll tweak the logo then.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I actually thought about this a week or so ago, when someone had posted about spilling water in teir keyboard, and I created the following logo from the existing one:

logo.png

I'm not sure how good the brown would look against the blue/black design, but the "wooden piano body" could be changed to black. Anyway, that was my attempt. I know the logo isn't centered on the "piano," but it actually looked unbalanced when I did that, so I moved it more to the right.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks @SeaGtGruff :). Once the new software is released I'll integrate something similar to the keys in to the logo - I think I'll probably stick with a blue colour scheme overall though, to keep the design continuity.

We're currently running v1.5 software, and v2 is just about to head in to beta testing - so I'd hope it'll go live before the end of the year.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I love the response.
The monkey playing the upright is just adorable:rolleyes:. But he's got attitude!:cool: lol.
Michael, your logo design is perfect.
I like the blue version. I hope it can be incorporated.
Cheers Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Darn it, Gary, I thought I'd just beaten my GAS into submission. But now that I see how much fun I could be having, I'm on the verge of splurge! The only thing holding me back is that it isn't compatible with Windows 10, and I can't remember my login for my old Windows XP computer.

And here I thought I was the only person into dancertyping!

Creative Prodikeys DM.jpg

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score

Hahaha! I actually tapped onto that link address . . DOH!
although I'd wager that if someone can post a question on about computer keyboards with the existing categories, the logo may still go unnoticed (but it'll help!).

Actually, when one sees the options, the first one being "general discussion"
there is a picture of a music keyboard.
You'd think that would ring bells hey!

Reaction score
Back when this forum first started, the banner had a keyboard in it. When the occasional bloke, with a PC keyboard question, would wander in, Gary would tell them to look at the picture at the top left of the main page. I wonder what happened to that original logo.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've still got that logo somewhere, but I was holding off changing anything until the new version of the forum software is released (as the logo would need quite a bit of work to fit in to the current design). However, I'll make a quick change now to add to the logo, as a temporary measure until the new software arrives :).

Ask a Question