Keyboard Controller for my Alesis io2 Express Interface

Reaction score
Hello!

I own an Alesis io2 Express recording interface with midi in and midi out. I would like to buy a keyboard controller to work together with the interface. Most beginner keyboard controllers have midi through USB which connect directly to the PC. The question is, is it better to acquire a keybord with midi output and connect it to the Alesis io2 midi in, or could I connect a standard MIDI/USB keyboard to another USB port of the PC (another USB port with the Alesis io2 connected)?

I have read that using two USB ports at the same time could generate latency and sync problems. What do you suggest?

Thanks!!

PS: I connect my guitar into the Alesis interface

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have multiple keyboards connected to my computer via USB and don't experience any serious latency problems. Then again my system is a Linux distro tweaked for MIDI multimedia production.

Generally speaking, pretty much anything that works, works, as long as you're willing to invest the time and the effort to learn how to do things properly on your system.

The limitations are not usually so much the hardware as they are choosing and properly configuring the correct software.

Gary

Ask a Question