Keyboard feel on PX-5S

Reaction score
Just got a PX-5S over the weekend and hooked it up to an AV receiver with subwoofer/satellite speakers with regular Stereo playback.

The key action makes a "thud" when the key is pressed to the bottom and even makes a sound when it bounces back up. Note that these are sounds made by the keybase itself, and not the selected Tone. The key action sounds become really distracting when softer pieces are being played, or with Tones with GrandConcert piano which are softer anyway.

Has anyone else seen this with their PX-5S, and is it a normal part of the keyboard design?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Well, when dead silent I get a bit of thump from the keybed, but when playing I don't notice anything unusual. Maybe I play louder then you though. Don

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Two suggestions.

One: Try exercising the keyboard for a couple of days with vigorous practice and maybe the noises will work themselves out.

Two: Visit a music store carrying the PX-5S and do a comparison on a demo floor model. If there's no PX-5S to test, try it out on a comparable Casio model or even a different manufacturer's stage piano.

Ultimately only you, yourself, can determine if the noise levels are acceptable for your needs or not and if it's still too noisy for you after a week then bring it back for something else.

Reaction score
Thanks for the 2 suggestions. The PX-5S is in such demand that stores are selling whatever they get and don't have one set aside for demos. I've tested other Casio/Yamaha and don't recall feeling this way about those keyboards. (will do more testing on this)

Ask a Question